Around the Health Plus office, 10 a.m. is often a favorite time of day, as it is Snack Time.
In honor of National Peach Month, for today’s snack we decided to construct our very own Greek Yogurt Peach Parfait.
There is a lot of great topping options for your parfait…
We want to know how you like to dress up your yogurt, share your favorite recipes or toppings with us!
Craving some more Peaches.... check out our Watermelon Fruit Popsicles
Food for thought....
Can’t celebrate National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day without cookies…
Watermelon Fruit Popsicle Recipe
It’s a great day when National Watermelon Day falls during the absolute hottest and most humid week in California…
so we decided to celebrate with watermelon fruit pops!
We love watermelon and think it is the perfect summer treat, just try the Watermelon-Mint Detox.
3 cups seedless watermelon
½ cup chopped strawberries
1 peach diced small
* Kept the recipes simple based on the ingredients I actually had on hand.
However, feel free to add other fruits you may like.
½ cup blueberries
1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
Handful of cherries, pitted and chopped
1. Place watermelon, lemon and lime into pitcher (avoid bitterness by peeling lemon & lime).
Lightly muddle watermelon, lemon, and lime. Crush mint leaves by lightly rubbing your hands together, then place in the pitcher.
2. Add 2 liters of still water.
If you prefer a sparkling detox water, add 1 liter of sparkling water and allow to infuse and then add the rest of the sparkling water when ready to serve.
3. After adding still water or 1 liter of sparkling water, place pitcher in the fridge for at least 2 hours to allow the fruit and mint to infuse the water.
4. Take the pitcher out of the fridge, stir the ingredients well.
Optional: If you wish you can strain the detox water and discard (or eat!) the solids.
5. Add Colon Cleanse and drink immediately
6. Garnish with fresh watermelon, lemon and mint then serve.
*** Refrigerated, the watermelon detox water will keep for up to 2 days ***
1 medium mango
1 medium navel orange
1 medium banana
1 cup almond milk
1 tbsp. Colon Cleanse Pineapple sweetened with stevia
1 tbsp. chia seeds
Ice, depending on your preference... (I used 3 ice cubs)
Drink and attack your weekend like a warrior!
**Leftover smoothie may be stored in air-tight container and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.**
2 c - boiling water or warm milk of your choice
1 tsp – turmeric powder
2 tbsp – white chocolate powder, more or less depending on your sweetness preference
Agave to taste
Dash of cardamom