Original Colon Cleanse®
9.49 49.99 $9.49 - $49.99
A gentle internal cleansing product that helps maintain regularity, aids with occasional constipation and supports digestive health.
- Natural Daily Fiber
- Promotes Heart Health*
- Supports Regularity*
WHAT IS ORIGINAL COLON CLEANSE?
The first product developed by Health Plus in 1981 and one of the top selling natural fiber products on the market today. Original Colon Cleanse® is a gentle internal cleansing product that helps maintain regularity, aids with occasional constipation and supports digestive health. Original Colon Cleanse is made with just one ingredient – all natural Psyllium Husk Fiber.
3 PRIMARY REASONS YOU NEED ORIGINAL COLON CLEANSE
- Helps maintain regularity*
- Aids with occasional constipation*
- Supports digestive health
MORE REASONS YOU NEED ORIGINAL COLON CLEANSE
- Helps maintain cholesterol already within normal range*
- Promotes heart health. Coupled with a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, it may reduce the risk of heart disease*
- Promotes the feeling of fullness which may help you to eat less at mealtime*
WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO KNOW ABOUT ORIGINAL COLON CLEANSE
- We use the finest quality, 95% whole mesh Psyllium Husk
- Original Colon Cleanse provides 22% of the recommended daily fiber intake
- May be useful in cases of diarrhea due to Psyllium Husk’s ability to absorb fluids in the colon. And, it may also help to slow down loose movements by giving stool more bulk*
- It can be taken daily and is Gluten Free
DID YOU KNOW?
There are two types of natural fiber – soluble and insoluble. Both play an important role in digestive health:
Soluble fiber is found in oats, beans, nuts, some fruits as well as barley and psyllium husk.
Insoluble fiber is present in certain vegetables like spinach, kale, eggplant, onions and kernel corn but wheat bran and whole grains are probably the best-known sources.
- Psyllium Husk is 70-80% soluble which makes it one of the best sources of soluble fiber
- Psyllium Husk absorbs fluids within the colon to form a gel-like substance. This added bulk re-hydrates the colon and helps fecal matter move gently through the system
- Insoluble fiber does not absorb or dissolve in water in the colon. It adds bulk to the stool
- Since the gut does not break it down, waste tends to pass through our digestive system more quickly
WHO SHOULD USE ORIGINAL COLON CLEANSE?
People concerned with:
- Using a daily easy to use natural fiber
- Limited access to or dislike of vegetables or fruit
- Occasional Constipation or other gastrointestinal problems such as diarrhea
- Supporting cardiovascular health
POWDER OR CAPSULES should be taken with 8 oz. of water or mix directly into 8 oz. of water – either way, drink all 8 oz. immediately
- For Adults 150 lbs. and more: 1 heaping tablespoon 3x daily
- For Adults under 150 lbs.: 1 heaping tablespoon 2x daily
- Children (6-12 years): ½ a tablespoon 2x daily
- Adults 150 lbs. and more: Take 6 capsules 2x daily
- Children (6-12 years) and adults under 150 lbs: Take 3 capsules twice a day
GOOD FOR YOUR HEART
Soluble fiber from foods such as Psyllium Husk, as a part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease. A serving of Colon Cleanse supplies 4g of the 7g of soluble fiber from Psyllium Husk necessary per day to have this effect.
SUGGESTED USE FOR WEIGHT MANAGEMENT
Take one tablespoon (approx. 7g) about half an hour before every meal, with at least 8 oz. of water. Psyllium Husk promotes a feeling of fullness, which may help you to eat less at mealtime.* It also provides fiber that helps promote good bowel movements, which are essential for weight management.*
Need Something Stronger? Try our Super Colon Cleanse®, a unique combination of Senna Leaf and Psyllium Husk to help with occasional constipation.*
Fill controlled by weight not volume
In case of disposal, place in trash and avoid disposal in any plumbing system.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
NOTICE: This dietary supplement should be taken with at least a full glass of liquid. Taking the product without enough liquid may cause choking. Do not use this product if you have difficulty swallowing.
- 100% Natural Psyllium Husk – a soluble fiber, derived from the husks or coverings of the Psyllium seeds. It is an ancient and trusted soluble fiber that is very effective in moving waste smoothly and gently through the digestive tract.*
- Psyllium Husk works by absorbing fluids within the colon to form a gel-like substance. This added bulk allows for a thorough cleansing, letting waste exit the body smoothly and helping to maintain regularity.*
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ORIGINAL COLON CLEANSE
How does Original Colon Cleanse clean the colon?
- Original Colon Cleanse is made of 100% psyllium husk. Psyllium helps to absorb toxins in the colon by creating a spongy, gelatinous mass in the bowels. By swelling and absorbing fluids, it breaks down and moves waste matter stuck in the folds and crevices of the colon. A clean colon inhibits bacteria from surviving on human waste. Psyllium husk soothes the lining of the bowel and leaves a thin slippery film along the inner lining of the colon, which makes it easier for waste generated later to move along smoothly.
Is Original Colon Cleanse Organic?
- No. However, we have a new product that is! Organic Original Colon Cleanse.
What are the common side effects of Original Colon Cleanse?
- Some of side effects of Colon Cleanse are gas and bloating. These usually occur with first time users because their systems may not be used to the amount of fiber in the Colon Cleanse. In this situation we recommend that you cut the dosage in half and slowly increase to the recommended dosage over a period of a few weeks.
Will I get diarrhea when I use Original Colon Cleanse?
- No. When used properly, Original Colon Cleanse is very effective in letting waste exit the body smoothly without distress. When used daily, it helps maintain regularity.
If I have diarrhea can I still take Original Colon Cleanse?
- Yes. In fact, it may be useful for occasional bouts of diarrhea. Psyllium Husk’s ability to absorb fluids in the colon may help slow down movements by giving stool more bulk.
How long will it take before it starts working?
- Each person’s digestive system is unique and regularity varies. Once Original Colon Cleanse is ingested it will work in tandem with our body’s rhythms and help sustain consistent bowel movements.
How much water should be taken with Original Colon Cleanse?
- We recommend immediately drinking at least 8 oz. of water or liquid of your choice.
Do I take Original Colon Cleanse with food or on an empty stomach?
- Take it any time you want to. For weight management: Take an hour before meals to feel fuller longer. More importantly, you must immediately drink at least 8 oz. of water when you do take it.
Can I add Colon Cleanse powder to my coffee or tea?
- Yes, as long as the total amount of liquid you ingest is equivalent to 8 oz. of liquid.
If my diet already included plenty of vegetables and fruits, do I still need to take Original Colon Cleanse?
- Yes. Not all fruits and vegetables contain the same amount of fiber. To ensure you’re getting the right amount of beneficial fiber, you should consider supplementing with Original Colon Cleanse too.
Do I take Original Colon Cleanse with food?
- You may take the Original Colon Cleanse anytime you wish, even on an empty stomach. Our recommendation is that you take the Colon Cleanse at least one hour before or after meals.
- How it works is that it forms a gel-like substance in your stomach which absorbs all the waste in your system as it passes through your small intestines and colon and then is finally eliminated.
Can I get an allergic reaction from taking this product?
- Allergic reaction can never be ruled out when introducing anything new to your system. However, psyllium should not be compared to insoluble fiber such as wheat bran, where irritations and allergic reactions are often present. Some individuals may feel minor discomfort with gas and bloating for the first few days. In this case reduce your dose to half and increase gradually to the suggested use over a period of two weeks. Using this product without enough liquid may cause choking. Do not take this product if you have difficulty swallowing.
What is soluble fiber?
- The husk is mostly of a soluble fiber called hemicellouse. This soluble fiber adds bulk to the stomach and absorbs fluids to form a gel-like substance that stimulated the rhythmic muscular contractions in the colon responsible for evacuation process.
Does the soluble fiber in Original Colon Cleanse lower cholesterol?
- Soluble fiber from foods such as psyllium husk as a part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk of heart disease. Cholesterol attaches itself to fiber and is carried out of the body with solid waste matter.
- A serving of Original Colon Cleanse supplies 7 grams of soluble fiber necessary per day to have this effect.
- Coronary heart disease has been linked to elevated blood cholesterol levels. Recent scientific research has revealed the important role psyllium plays in the diet to reduce “Bad” cholesterol or LDL (Low Density Lipoproteins), while having no significant effect on the HDL (High-Density Lipoproteins) or good cholesterol. Studies from three independent universities: University of Kentucky, George Washington University and the University of Massachusetts, presented some dramatic results. Low Fat diet that included psyllium has a greater cholesterol lowering effect that low fat diets without psyllium.
What are the capsule made of?
- The capsules from our products are bovine based, cattle, calf and cows.