Original Colon Cleanse®
9.49 49.99 $7.59 - $39.99
Original Colon Cleanse® is a gentle internal cleansing product that helps maintain regularity, aids with occasional constipation and supports digestive health. Original Colon Cleanse is made with just one ingredient – all natural Psyllium Husk Fiber.
Free Shipping on orders of $50 or more!
- Natural Daily Fiber
- Promotes Heart Health*
- Supports Regularity*
Free Shipping on orders of $50 or more!
What is Original Colon Cleanse?
The first product developed by Health Plus in 1981 and one of the top selling natural fiber products on the market today.
Original Colon Cleanse is a gentle internal cleansing product that is made with just one ingredient – all natural Psyllium Husk Fiber.
3 Primary Reasons You Need Original Colon Cleanse
- Helps maintain regularity*
- Aids with occasional constipation*
- Supports digestive health
More Reasons To Use Original Colon Cleanse
- Helps maintain cholesterol already within normal range*
- Promotes heart health. Coupled with a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, it may reduce the risk of heart disease*
- Promotes the feeling of fullness which may help you to eat less at mealtime*
What Else You Should Know About Original Colon Cleanse?
- We use the finest quality, 95% whole mesh Psyllium Husk
- Original Colon Cleanse provides 22% of the recommended daily fiber intake
- May be useful in cases of diarrhea due to Psyllium Husk’s ability to absorb fluids in the colon. And, it may also help to slow down loose movements by giving stool more bulk*
- It can be taken daily and is Gluten Free
Did You Know?
There are two types of natural fiber – soluble and insoluble. Both play an important role in digestive health:
Soluble fiber is found in oats, beans, nuts, some fruits as well as barley and psyllium husk.
- Psyllium Husk is 70-80% soluble which makes it one of the best sources of soluble fiber
- Psyllium Husk absorbs fluids within the colon to form a gel-like substance. This added bulk re-hydrates the colon and helps fecal matter move gently through the system
Insoluble fiber is present in certain vegetables like spinach, kale, eggplant, onions and kernel corn but wheat bran and whole grains are probably the best-known sources.
- Insoluble fiber does not absorb or dissolve in water in the colon. It adds bulk to the stool
- Since the gut does not break it down, waste tends to pass through our digestive system more quickly
Who Should Use Original Colon Cleanse?
People concerned with:
- Using a daily, easy to use natural fiber
- Limited access to or dislike of vegetables or fruit
- Occasional Constipation or other gastrointestinal problems such as diarrhea
- Supporting cardiovascular health
Top Questions People Ask About Original Colon CleanseIs Original Colon Cleanse Organic?No. However, we have a new product that is! Organic Original Colon Cleanse.What are the common side effects of Original Colon Cleanse?Some of side effects of Colon Cleanse are gas and bloating. These usually occur with first time users because their systems may not be used to the amount of fiber in the Colon Cleanse. In this situation we recommend that you cut the dosage in half and slowly increase to the recommended dosage over a period of a few weeks. How long will it take before Original Colon Cleanse starts working?Each person’s digestive system is unique and regularity varies. Once Original Colon Cleanse is ingested it will work in tandem with our body’s rhythms and help sustain consistent bowel movements.Do I take Original Colon Cleanse with food or on an empty stomach?Take it any time you want to. For weight management: Take an hour before meals to feel fuller longer. More importantly, you must immediately drink at least 8 oz. of water when you do take it.Can I add Original Colon Cleanse powder to my coffee or tea?Yes, as long as the total amount of liquid you ingest is equivalent to 8 oz. of liquid.If my diet already includes plenty of vegetables and fruit, do I still need to take Original Colon Cleanse?Yes. Not all fruits and vegetables contain the same amount of fiber. To ensure you’re getting the right amount of beneficial fiber, you should consider supplementing with Original Colon Cleanse too.How does Original Colon Cleanse clean the colon?Original Colon Cleanse is made of 100% psyllium husk. Psyllium helps to absorb toxins in the colon by creating a spongy, gelatinous mass in the bowels. By swelling and absorbing fluids, it breaks down and moves waste matter stuck in the folds and crevices of the colon. A clean colon inhibits bacteria from surviving on human waste. Psyllium husk soothes the lining of the bowel and leaves a thin slippery film along the inner lining of the colon, which makes it easier for waste generated later to move along smoothly.
Suggested Use for Original Colon Cleanse
Powder or Capsules should be taken with 8 oz. of water or mix directly into 8 oz. of water – either way, drink all 8 oz. immediately.
- For Adults 150 lbs. and more: 1 heaping tablespoon 3x daily
- For Adults under 150 lbs.: 1 heaping tablespoon 2x daily
- Children (6-12 years): ½ a tablespoon 2x daily
Good For Your Heart
- Adults 150 lbs. and more: Take 6 capsules 2x daily
- Children (6-12 years) and adults under 150 lbs: Take 3 capsules twice a day
Soluble fiber from foods such as Psyllium Husk, as a part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease. A serving of Colon Cleanse supplies 4g of the 7g of soluble fiber from Psyllium Husk necessary per day to have this effect.
Suggested use for Weight Management
Take one tablespoon (approx. 7g) about half an hour before every meal, with at least 8 oz. of water. Psyllium Husk
promotes a feeling of fullness, which may help you to eat less at mealtime.* It also provides fiber that helps promote
good bowel movements, which are essential for weight management.*
Need Something Stronger? Try our Super Colon Cleanse®, a unique combination of Senna Leaf and Psyllium Husk
to help with occasional constipation.*
NOTE: This dietary supplement should be taken with at least a full glass of liquid. Taking the product without enough liquid may cause choking. Do not use this product if you have difficulty swallowing.
In case of disposal, place in trash and avoid disposal in any plumbing system.
Supplement Facts for Original Colon Cleanse
ingredients in original colon cleanse
- 100% Natural Psyllium Husk – a soluble fiber, derived from the husks or coverings of the Psyllium seeds. It is an ancient and trusted soluble fiber that is very effective in moving waste smoothly and gently through the digestive tract.*
- Psyllium Husk works by absorbing fluids within the colon to form a gel-like substance. This added bulk allows for a thorough cleansing, letting waste exit the body smoothly and helping to maintain regularity.*
Frequently Asked Questions About Original Colon CleanseHow does Original Colon Cleanse clean the colon?It helps maintain regularity by using the finest quality, 100% natural Psyllium Husk. As a soluble fiber, Psyllium Husk works by absorbing fluids in the colon to form a gel-like substance. This added bulk allows for a thorough cleansing, letting waste exit the body smoothly.Will I get diarrhea when I use Original Colon Cleanse?No. When used properly, Original Colon Cleanse is very effective in letting waste exit the body smoothly without distress. When used daily, it helps maintain regularity.If I have diarrhea, can I still take Original Colon Cleanse?Yes. In fact, it may be useful for occasional bouts of diarrhea. Psyllium Husk’s ability to absorb fluids in the colon may help slow down movements by giving stool more bulk.How much water should be taken with Original Colon Cleanse?We recommend immediately drinking at least 8 oz. of water or liquid of your choice.What are the dosage directions for Original Colon Cleanse?Capsules or Powder should be taken with 8 oz. of water and drink immediately.
Can Original Colon Cleanse be taken if pregnant or breast-feeding?While we believe it is safe for everyone, we always recommend checking with your health practitioner first before using it.Is Original Colon Cleanse safe to use intermittently?Yes, although, its digestive benefits will be greater if you take it dailyCan I take medication while using Original Colon Cleanse?Yes, but always check first with your health practitioner.Does the soluble fiber in Original Colon Cleanse lower cholesterol?Soluble fiber from foods such as psyllium husk as a part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk of heart disease. Cholesterol attaches itself to fiber and is carried out of the body with solid waste matter.
- For Capsules: Adults 150 lbs. and more should take 6 capsules 2x daily. Children (6-12) and adults under 150 lbs., the recommended dosage is 3 capsules twice a day.
- For Powder: Adults under 150lbs. 1 heaping tablespoon 3x daily. Adults under 150 lbs. 1 heaping tablespoon 2x daily. Children (6-12) ½ the regular adult dosage
What is the soluble fiber in Original Colon Cleanse?The husk is mostly of a soluble fiber called hemicellouse. This soluble fiber adds bulk to the stomach and absorbs fluids to form a gel-like substance that stimulated the rhythmic muscular contractions in the colon responsible for evacuation process.What are the capsules made of?The capsules from our products are bovine based, cattle, calf and cows.Does Original Colon Cleanse cause allergic reactions?Allergic reaction can never be ruled out when introducing anything new to your system. However, psyllium should not be compared to insoluble fiber such as wheat bran, where irritations and allergic reactions are often present. Some individuals may feel minor discomfort with gas and bloating for the first few days. In this case reduce your dose to half and increase gradually to the suggested use over a period of two weeks. Using this product without enough liquid may cause choking. Do not take this product if you have difficulty swallowing.Do I take Original Colon Cleanse with food?You may take the Original Colon Cleanse anytime you wish, even on an empty stomach. Our recommendation is that you take the Colon Cleanse at least one hour before or after meals. How it works is that it forms a gel-like substance in your stomach which absorbs all the waste in your system as it passes through your small intestines and colon and then is finally eliminated.What is Prop 65?Enacted in 1986, it is officially known as the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of California. Proposition 65 requires businesses to provide warnings to Californians about exposures to chemicals that cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals can be in products that are purchased or in the environment, homes or worksites. Each chemical is assessed separately and restricted at different levels or amounts.
- A serving of Original Colon Cleanse supplies 7 grams of soluble fiber necessary per day to have this effect.
When Prop 65 went into effect in 1986, there were 30 chemicals on the list required to have this warning. By 2013, the list had grown to over 903 chemicals.
As it relates to food, Prop 65 does not distinguish between natural and artificial products. Although, it excludes “naturally occurring” chemicals in foods, that term does not include man-made pollutants that may end up in natural products through processes outside of the manufacturer’s control.
The chemical in question for Health Plus Colon Cleanse is lead from Psyllium Husk. Although lead is inherent in Psyllium through the natural growth process, with only 0.5 mcg., we are required to put the Prop 65 Reproductive Harm warning label in California.
It is important to note that while these limits are in place for the consumer’s safety, the OEHHA (Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment) recognizes that the 0.5 mcg. consumption limit on lead is 1,000 lower than what is referred to as ‘safe exposure’ amounts. This means that when tested on humans and animals, by law, it would take 1,000 more lead than 0.5mcg. to have any observable effects on the reproductive system.
Lead is found in many, many different plants. It is very common for lead to enter soil through some water sources, fertilizers or pollutants and it is not uncommon for it to show up as naturally occurring in many dietary supplements with herbs. Health Plus makes every effort to ensure the quality and safety of our products. Health Plus is a FDA Registered facility. We follow and adhere to all federal and state standards for quality inspection and product testing.